Friday, September 27, 2013

Home Remedies For Ankle Swelling | How To Treat Ankle Sprains Naturally


Swelling of the lower leg and ankle is a common problem. Determining the cause of ankle swelling is the first step to finding effective treatment. Once the cause of the ankle swelling is determined, effective treatment can be initiated. Painless swelling of the feet and ankles is a common problem, particularly in older people. It may affect both legs and may include the calves or even the thighs.

Swollen ankles, feet and legs often referred to medically as edema usually occurs when fluid is retained in the spaces between body cells. Some home remedy for ankle swelling may take the following processes. First of all the ankle should be lifted so that the leg is straight in front as this is very necessary and as such should be done.


Home remedies such as coconut and garlic oil help reduce pain and swelling when they soak directly into the skin. Mix 3 table spoon of coconut and garlic oil into a container and heat in the microwave for ten seconds, slightly warming the mixture. Generously massage the oil directly onto your ankle for ten minutes, allowing the oils to soak into your skin.


Lecithin seeds are yet another effective home remedy for the treatment of swelling of feet during pregnancy. Usually a tablespoon of about 3-4 is taken every day for about2-3 month. This is noted to have a magical effect and also manifests good results within 2-3 months.


Ice is another very important and effective treatment material for sprained ankles. If you get a sprained ankle and use ice in the injured area within the first hour of your injury, you levels of pain and swelling ids supposed to be very low. It helps your injury to recover soon too. Medical studies have found that if ice can be used properly in time, the possibility of your recovery increased by 50%.


If the affected area is read and swollen, you may apply a mild steroid cream like 1% hydrocortisone cream. This should be easily available from any pharmacy without the need of a prescription. Hydrocortisone helps in reducing inflammation rapidly. Alternatively, if you have a bottle of calamine lotion at home, this may help too.


Never just assume that any pain you have in your ankles and feet is being caused by arthritis. These pains can be caused by many different things, including lower back and hip problems. Before just shrugging your shoulders and thinking, “Its only arthritis”, make an appointment with your doctor for an exam. Only then will he be able to tell what’s causing your infirmity.


Nervous pain near the ankles often cause ankle sprains. It is called as referred pain. When the nerves that connect the leg to the brain stop sending signals due to blockage or nervous injury, the ankle ligaments then can cause pain. But, it happens very rarely.


Rest is very important especially in the first 24-48 hours after the injury in order to avoid stress on already inflamed tissue and to prevent more damage. On the other hand, prolonged immobilization of ankle sprains is a common treatment error, so it is also important to start a proper rehabilitation program and gradually put weight back on the ankle.











4 comments:

  1. I really like your Blog. Thanks to Admin for Sharing such useful information. Addition to this here I am sharing One more similar Story 10 Herbal Home Remedies for Asthma Patients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After having a persistent cough for over a year, I was diagnosed with COPD
      in March 2015. In 2016 my COPD got worse to the point where not only do I
      have trouble sleeping at night, I also struggle to get air into my lungs. I
      read in a health forum of a herbal centre (native health clinic) who have successful treatment to COPD/Emphysema, i immediately
      contacted the herbal centre via their website and purchased the COPD herbal
      remedy, I used the remedy for 2 weeks, all my symptoms were reversed, i did
      another test for confirmation, i was declared COPD free. email (
      nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965

      Delete
  2. I'm 59 years old and female. I was diagnosed a couple of years ago with COPD and I was beyond scared! My lung function test indicated 49% capacity. After having had flu a year ago, the shortness of breath, coughing and chest pains continued even after being treated with antibiotics. I've been smoking two packs a day for 36 years. Being born without a sternum caused my ribs to be curled in just one inch away from my spine, resulting to underdeveloped lungs. At age 34 I had surgery and it was fixed. Unfortunately my smoking just caused more damage to my already under developed lungs. The problem was having is that I enjoy smoking and don't want to give up! Have tried twice before and nearly went crazy and don't want to go through that again. I saw the fear in my husband and children's eyes when I told them about my condition then they start to find solution on their own to help my condition.I am an 59 now who was diagnose COPD emphysema which I know was from my years of smoking. I started smoking in school when smoking was socially acceptable. I remember when smoking was permitted in hospitals. It was not known then how dangerous cigarettes were for us, and it seemed everybody smoked but i was able to get rid of my COPD lung condition through the help of total cure herbal foundation my husband bought, totalcureherbsfoundation .c om has the right herbal formula to help you get rid and repair any lung conditions and cure you totally with their natural organic herbs,it class products at affordable prices. Purchase these medicines and get the generic medicines delivered in USA, UK & Australia,I wish anybody who starts smoking at a young age would realize what will eventually happen to their bodies if they continue that vile habit throughout their life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After having a persistent cough for over a year, I was diagnosed with COPD
    in March 2015. In 2016 my COPD got worse to the point where not only do I
    have trouble sleeping at night, I also struggle to get air into my lungs. I
    read in a health forum of a herbal centre (native health clinic) who have successful treatment to COPD/Emphysema, i immediately
    contacted the herbal centre via their website and purchased the COPD herbal
    remedy, I used the remedy for 2 weeks, all my symptoms were reversed, i did
    another test for confirmation, i was declared COPD free. email (
    nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965

    ReplyDelete